Senior Back End Software Engineer
If you are a hardcore hacker who wants to work in a team of other hackers changing the face of mobile advertising once and for all keep reading!
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Back End Software Engineer to join our team. If you know almost everything there is to know about building web services and enabling apps to work at enormous scales then don't be shy and get in touch.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Code in a variety of languages powering our microservices
- Design core components of our ad serving technology that can scale as our product does
- Develop, test and deploy our data analytics tools that collect hundred of million billions of events and visualize them in clever and innovative ways
- Design and implement RESTful interfaces to connect to our backend services and expose data to front-end applications
- Work in a team of talented hackers learning as much as you can and having fun while doing it
- 3+ year software development experience
- Expert knowledge working with data (MySQL and/or NoSQL databases)
- Expert ability working and collaborating in small software teams
- Control your own time - We have flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Private health insurance plan
- Forget bureaucracy - We want to move fast and help you to make real impact on the business
- We ship code fast and iterate faster
- We work in small teams meaning that you'll own part of the product
- We believe no idea is too crazy for a hacker team
- We provide free snacks and beverages
- What is your stack?
- Our product is multi-faceted and comprised of smaller modular parts which help us move faster in development but also achieve the scalability we want. At the moment we serve more than 10B ads per month. The product has 4 main parts. The mobile SDK which are written in Java for Android and Swift for iOS. The second is the platform which is used by our users to interact with our systems and it's built using Ember and React.js. The 3rd component is the ad serving pipeline which is broken down into smaller microservices using technologies like Go, Scala, Python, Java and Node.js. The final part is our data pipeline which is built using tools like Apache Kafka and Spark, Hadoop and Druid
- What methodologies do you use?
- We are split into small cross-functional teams of 5-8 people and each team is free to choose their own methodology and tooling. Most of our teams use Kanban
- What are the working hours?
- We have flexible working hours having a descent overlap with everybody in the office. Each team organizes their own standups and meetings so that everyone in the team feels comfortable with the time. We give particular emphasis to a healthy work-life balance.
- Where is the office located in Athens?
- The office is located right next to Kerameikos metro station.
The address is:
52 Konstantinoupoleos Street,